Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone have an opinion on Python Smart Start Alarm System?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping someone could give me some feedback about Jeep Security. I have a 2013 JKUR Crush and have dumped quite a bit of money into (Poison Spyder bumpers and Rockers going on this week). I already get a lot of comments and attention from people, and after reading about thefts and break ins on the forum, I was thinking about a security system. A trusted shop here in town recommended the Python Smart Start for its features and GPS tracking features. I already have auto start nod am not thrilled about messing with factory setup in that regard. But I would like to be able to nail any bastard to the wall that screws with my Jeep.

Here is the vendor website link. http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/pro...?ProductID=631.

Thanks

Brad

Last edited by Ryan0260; 03-20-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had it for about two years and have been pretty happy with it. I get alerts right on my iPhone anytime my alarm is triggered. I am thinking about proximity sensors for when I am doorless this summer and someone tries to reach inside. Being able to start the car from anywhere that you have a phone signal is a bonus. Movie theaters, airports, etc. distance doesn't matter.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have it on mine.. Proximity, smart start, and a lot of other add-ons. It's sends you texts if someone messes with it and the GPS is awesome. I would recommend a tilt sensor for your hood instead of a hood pin because the pin switch will rust over a short period and get stuck in the down position making getting in under the hood a piece of cake.. It's pretty expensive but when we're putting as much money into our jeeps, it's a small price to pay for protections.. Just my $.02
Old 03-21-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. Anyone else have any security system reccomendations?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Ravelco is a great choice. Not an alarm but best anti theft device. They gotta tow it if they want it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an opinion on Python Smart Start Alarm System?