Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone have the Fuel Pump & Starter wiring diagrams?

Old 04-20-2007 | 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the Fuel Pump & Starter wiring diagrams?

With all the time I've waited for this Jeep, and all the hours (and money) I'm going to put modding it, I _really_ don't want it stolen. :-) I figure the best way to prevent this is by disabling certain systems with a hidden (perhaps even keyed) switch, starting with the Fuel Pump and Starter. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for these?

Thanks,
js.
Old 04-20-2007 | 08:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
With all the time I've waited for this Jeep, and all the hours (and money) I'm going to put modding it, I _really_ don't want it stolen. :-) I figure the best way to prevent this is by disabling certain systems with a hidden (perhaps even keyed) switch, starting with the Fuel Pump and Starter. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for these?

Thanks,
js.
I think they are in the service manual, which I have at home. You really ought to get the entire service manual. It's on several bittorrent sites.
Old 07-21-2007 | 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default I Have It!

I Have.. Two.. One I Got From The Dealer And Another One From A Shop.. Let Me Know If U Still Need It.
Old 07-22-2007 | 01:34 PM
mt3
JK Enthusiast

Default just curious ...

doesn't the Sentry Immobilizer do that for you? ....
Old 07-23-2007 | 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Springfield 45 stops them too.
Old 07-23-2007 | 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Can't help you with diagrams, but can offer an extra suggestion. In previous vehicles, I've added an extra push button switch to the clutch sensor circuit. Cars with manual transmissions typically wont start unless the clutch is depressed. I wired a push button into the circuit, and hid the button in the seat. Now the car wouldn't start unless both the clutch was in and the button depressed. Used to drive my Dad nuts, cause he would have a hard time finding the button.

Havent looked at the JK yet, but the clutch circuit is usually pretty easy to locate right at the top of the pedal mechanism.

JS' sig mentions that he has the 6 speed, but this mod might work in autos too, depending on the JKs wiring harness. I had a mustang with an auto, and the clutch circuit was still up there, but had a wired loop plugged into the connector where the clutch sensor would go. That made it real easy in that car.

Don't have my JK handy right now, or Id verify. I can check later.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Fuel Pump & Starter wiring diagrams?