Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone had good luck with a more affordable flush mount rigid style LED light?

Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone had good luck with a more affordable flush mount rigid style LED light?

I've got a LOD bumper on order and I'm in need of a pair of flush mount rigid style flood lights. I really like the diffuse rigids, but after buying a chinese light bar from Maximumjeep.com and seeing how bright it is I just can't justify the price difference. There seem to be a bunch of different sellers who have listings on ebay and amazon, lights are all the same or similar.

Does anyone have a positive expereience with any particular seller or light they can share? I'm specifically looking for diffuse or flood, not spot.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased my Flush Rear Backup Flood LED Lights made by Nilight via Amazon and I am quite impressed...
They are definitely heavy duty, heavy weight and robust.
Also has great reviews from past purchasers.
Light output is outstanding w/6 CREE LEDs.
Only beef many have on ther reviews is that the kit lacks mounting hardware and a template for cutting out your surface. For me that was NBD.
Time will tell on longevity and reliability.
Here's my setup on my rear stock bumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-138876154.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	607488

Last edited by Eddie Man; 04-21-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Man
I recently purchased my Flush Rear Backup Flood LED Lights made by Nilight via Amazon and I am quite impressed...
They are definitely heavy duty, heavy weight and robust.
Also has great reviews from past purchasers.
Light output is outstanding w/6 CREE LEDs.
Only beef many have on ther reviews is that the kit lacks mounting hardware and a template for cutting out your surface. For me that was NBD.
Time will tell on longevity and reliability.
Here's my setup on my rear stock bumper.

Attachment 607488
Those are the exact ones I'm looking at. How's the beam pattern? Wide enough to illuminate the left and right sides as viewed from the side mirrors?
Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into this issue myself while waiting the long 5 weeks to get my LoD bumper. I finally came to the conclusion that for the $$ I just shelled out for this thing...might as well put a quality and warrantied light back there. Definitely couldn't justify D2's though. After debating on diffused or fog, I went with the fog pattern. I didn't want to lose any light intensity. I'm pleased with my decision. Love them!

Just a quick shot after I installed them. I'll have to take a pic at night.

Quick Reply: Anyone had good luck with a more affordable flush mount rigid style LED light?