Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone hack Mygig without spending $300

Old 09-30-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone hack Mygig without spending $300

I found a site with updated code for a non Navi Mygig, but has anyone hacked the Navi RER to allow video to play while driving without buying the lock pick?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are savvy with linux you can change the properties in the unit to allow video in motion. It uses software called QNX with is similar to linux. Ill help you get started. Search the HDD on it for terms like <_INM_getInMotionZoneFlag> and <US_MOP_IsInMotionSetting> Then just change the values. I was scared I was gonna brick my mygig so I didn't go much further than that. Good luck!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Actually the Lockpick is one of our favorite purchases we made for the JK! It adds soooo much functionality to the MyGig!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
if you are savvy with linux you can change the properties in the unit to allow video in motion. It uses software called QNX with is similar to linux. Ill help you get started. Search the HDD on it for terms like <_INM_getInMotionZoneFlag> and <US_MOP_IsInMotionSetting> Then just change the values. I was scared I was gonna brick my mygig so I didn't go much further than that. Good luck!
How did you scan the hard drive, I'm very linux savvy, and I'd like to take a look at this. Do you have a development package?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been thinking about taking the hard drive out and looking for the files for in motion video as well as some of the backgrounds and splash screen. I too have the fear of killing it though. There has to be someone out there who has tried this and can share experiences.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Just an extra piece of info, if you search around, you can get the Lockpick for $200, which is $100 cheaper. I bought mine from a reputable seller on eBay and it was $199 with free shipping. Agreed with another poster who said it was one of my best/favorite purchases.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Im not trying to help you brick your mygig. so I am kinda out on this one. I just wasnted to help you get started. DO NOT plug that hard drive into a windows machine to tinker with it!!! Unless you don't like your mygig working anymore. I wish you luck! Take a look at the update software itself. not the hard drive.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the $199 option. Works great and no risk of bricking!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
X2 on the $199 option. Works great and no risk of bricking!
x3... its plug and play. its not worth the risk hacking it.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 10-02-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

x3... its plug and play. its not worth the risk hacking it.
Where can you get it for $199 from a reputable dealer?

Quick Reply: Anyone hack Mygig without spending $300