Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone got comparison shots between the Truck Lite LED headlights and stock JKs?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamk73
The Cibies aren't made anymore, correct? What available lens today gives as nice as beam pattern as those? Are the cibie replicas that are available any good?
The bootleg Cibies are junk.
The Hellas are pretty good for newer stuff. There are also some Koito-made units available from Nissan or Toyota parts department; now isn't the best time to try and find them though. They were hard to find before the earthquake...

The Bosch, KC, Round Eyes, IPF, VisionX, etc --- all junk too.

I haven't tested Delta --- they've at least tested and have ECE compliance. They'll have a new model soon that's DOT compliant. Say "no" to their blue bulbs though; I like Bogdan alot but not his blue bulbs.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamk73
The Cibies aren't made anymore, correct? What available lens today gives as nice as beam pattern as those? Are the cibie replicas that are available any good?
Just got a full setup a few months ago. CiBie logo'd and all .. brighter than hell , wicked awesome beam pattern
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cibies are no longer made? Are the cibies from Daniel Stern bad?

Hilldweller, what did you mean by this?: "The Delta bulbs are just as bad as PIAA, Silverstar, or IPF; avoid those if you actually want to see where you're going."

Im looking for better lights in the JK. I have the hella buckets in my YJ and in the XJ I have cibies with silverstar ultras and a relay harness. The cibies are much better pattern than the hellas . The silverstar ultras made the cibies even brighter but I can't elaborate anymore than that since the cherokee is now my daughter's DD.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

stupid question but where i live daytimerunners are mandatory is there a separate bulb for that? or is it just the lowbeams are allways on?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cibie Z beams are no longer made, but I thought the E codes still are. The Z beams have a better cut off than the E codes, and they are the ones Hilldweller used in his shootout
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hilldweller
JW Speaker #8700 lowbeam:

JW Speaker highbeam:

JW Speaker Highbeam plus Truck-Lite Spots & Floods:

I'll be testing Hellas tomorrow and IPF with a relayed harness. If the Deltas show up today, I'll test them too.
Bogdan at Delta says they have a new DOT product that will come out soon and perform better than their ECE-compliant products.

Of note, the only product that I tested that is neither DOT nor ECE compliant is the very popular IPF reflector; it is only intended for use offroad.

This is a shot of the IPF from the side. I was able to measure over 1100 LUX in upscatter from the light on lowbeam. This makes the light very ill-suited for use in any sort of bad weather. Good for seeing tree branches or blinding truck drivers though.

I ordered my jw speakers today

Quick Reply: Anyone got comparison shots between the Truck Lite LED headlights and stock JKs?