Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone got comparison shots between the Truck Lite LED headlights and stock JKs?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got comparison shots between the Truck Lite LED headlights and stock JKs?

Seeing a couple of shots of them in vendor threads does not seem like they produce as much light output as the stock JK headlights, but it could just be the shots taken...

Really want to see some comparison shots of stock vs the LEDs for comparison and seeing how some forum members seem to have bought these, hoping that someone has done just that that could post some for comparison.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Bumping this hoping that some of you who have gotten the lights recently have taken some pics to share.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine just arrived the other day and I've been trying to adjust them properly for my preference. At this point, I don't think they are worth the money I paid for them.

I don't have any comparison pics yet, but I'll be at Terra Del Sol with a bunch of other JKF people this weekend. I'll try to get some side by side shots and post them as soon as I can.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Enclocal
Mine just arrived the other day and I've been trying to adjust them properly for my preference. At this point, I don't think they are worth the money I paid for them.

I don't have any comparison pics yet, but I'll be at Terra Del Sol with a bunch of other JKF people this weekend. I'll try to get some side by side shots and post them as soon as I can.

Are they better than stock headlights, high and love beams?. thats all i'm wondering, are they better than stock, they may not be worth the money, but if they are better, thats all im wondering.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
Are they better than stock headlights, high and love beams?. thats all i'm wondering, are they better than stock, they may not be worth the money, but if they are better, thats all im wondering.
I'm not impressed with them, so I don't think they are better than stock at this point. However, I will get some side by side comparison shots this weekend, then you can judge for yourself if the pics turn out ok...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Enclocal
I'm not impressed with them, so I don't think they are better than stock at this point. However, I will get some side by side comparison shots this weekend, then you can judge for yourself if the pics turn out ok...
Did you get the pics?

Interested in seeing them.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Area-51
Did you get the pics?

Interested in seeing them.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics

Last night at our San Diego Area Suds N Grub, we were comparing the brightness between headlights (stock and mine) and mine were much brighter than I thought as well as being brighter than stock.

WOL also said my lites did not get hot (to the touch), even with the high beams on...
Old 03-11-2011, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any stock light shots but I have loads of others.

IPF lowbeam:

IPF highbeam:

Truck-Lite (new gen) lowbeam:

Truck-Lite highbeam:

Cibie Z-Beam lowbeam:

Z-Beam highbeam:
Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

JW Speaker #8700 lowbeam:

JW Speaker highbeam:

JW Speaker Highbeam plus Truck-Lite Spots & Floods:

I'll be testing Hellas tomorrow and IPF with a relayed harness. If the Deltas show up today, I'll test them too.
Bogdan at Delta says they have a new DOT product that will come out soon and perform better than their ECE-compliant products.

Of note, the only product that I tested that is neither DOT nor ECE compliant is the very popular IPF reflector; it is only intended for use offroad.

This is a shot of the IPF from the side. I was able to measure over 1100 LUX in upscatter from the light on lowbeam. This makes the light very ill-suited for use in any sort of bad weather. Good for seeing tree branches or blinding truck drivers though.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, that was perfect for comparison sake.

Quick Reply: Anyone got comparison shots between the Truck Lite LED headlights and stock JKs?