Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone bite the bullet on a Android Stereo sold on Ebay?

Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Sponsoring Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bite the bullet on a Android Stereo sold on Ebay?

Wondering how good they are? I'm not one to sweat name brands, etc. And with it being a jeep, prone to break ins, i can't see my self spending $1000 on a Name Brand with Navigation etc.

Any opinions?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know a guy on the FT86 forums has bought three of them, the Ca-Fi, a knock off unit, and the Adayo. His consensus was the knock off Ca-Fi based units were worth every penny. I'm planning on picking up two of them soon, one for my JK to replace my MyGIG and one for my new BRZ.

I think really this is the best option. Carputers are great but take up a ton of room and can be flakey. The Android OS is well suited to the in vehicle application. I've been looking at off-line GPS software like Gaia to use with it. Gaia appears to support USGS topo maps and should likely take USFS maps which would make it excellent for off roading applications.

Couple that with the ability to run things like Torque and use a USB hard drive... seems a no brainer to me.

Quick Reply: Anyone bite the bullet on a Android Stereo sold on Ebay?