Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anybody buy trucklites and be disappointed then by speakers and be happy?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is a very tempting price

Have to think hard for a little while. Problem is I will be at about 1k for headlights which seems just silly.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

I have the heated Trucklites and the horizontal adjusters. I've been able to adjust the vertical, but I don't think I've ever gotten the horizontal correct. I'd appreciate if someone would post a picture of their Trucklites shining on a wall or a garage door so I could compare my pattern. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nighttrain777
I have the heated Trucklites and the horizontal adjusters. I've been able to adjust the vertical, but I don't think I've ever gotten the horizontal correct. I'd appreciate if someone would post a picture of their Trucklites shining on a wall or a garage door so I could compare my pattern. Thanks.
when i did mine i just measured the distance between the lights then backed up like 40 feet and put that measurement on the wall and adjusted the lights till there were facing straight ahead then took it out on a flat section of back road and adjusted them up till i liked the distance i could see.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Did you also buy the horizontal adjusters?

Comparing the HID to an LED isn't fair either, the HID will put out more light but unless you paid good money for a kit with new reflectors then your opinion is skewed because the drop in HID's just throw light everywhere. I had a cheapo set in another truck and they were bright but the beam wasn't correct and it put light everywhere except where it should be.
This is a very good point about stock reflectors with HID bulbs, yeah, they may appear "brighter" but more then likely the light is going everywhere. The number of folks running around with these blinding other drivers in the Los Angeles area is ridiculous.

I've had the Trucklites for several years now, still love them and the light goes where it supposed to be.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know anything about the new KC Highlite led pro?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fooddude
Anyone know anything about the new KC Highlite led pro?
I'm wondering about those as well.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing? Really?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fooddude
Nothing? Really?
Maybe nobody bought any? Lol
Old 09-21-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went for a ride in a jeep with trucklites when I was in the market for new lights for mine. Needless to say it sealed the deal for me and went with another brand, and I'm thoroughly pleased with my Quadratec stealths.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

HID Retrofitted projectors. Can't beat them.

Quick Reply: Anybody buy trucklites and be disappointed then by speakers and be happy?