Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anybody buy trucklites and be disappointed then by speakers and be happy?

Old 08-20-2016, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody buy trucklites and be disappointed then by speakers and be happy?

Because I got trucklites and am disappointed. Want to know if someone else was and got speakers and was pleased they did. I.E. is it worth me spending more money. I find the truck lite low beam worse than my stocks with an hid kit in. Thanks
Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Did you also buy the horizontal adjusters?

Comparing the HID to an LED isn't fair either, the HID will put out more light but unless you paid good money for a kit with new reflectors then your opinion is skewed because the drop in HID's just throw light everywhere. I had a cheapo set in another truck and they were bright but the beam wasn't correct and it put light everywhere except where it should be.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I bought the Truck Lites and LOVE them. They blow away the stock lights.

I'll be selling mine soon, however, to buy Truck-Lites with the heating element. Most of the time, even in snow storms, they do just fine. But I got caught in blizzard like conditions in Vail Pass a couple years ago on the way home from Moab. The conditions were just right for ice to form on the lenses and dim the beam. Fortunately, I had incandescent Baja Designs driving lights that enabled me to keep going, along with the stock fog lights (which didn't help much, but I needed anything I could get.) That's the only time in 3 years I've had this happen, and I've driven through a lot of snow storms here in Indiana. I'm only swapping them because my daughter will be driving the Jeep soon and I don't want it happening with her behind the wheel.

They aren't up for sale yet, but if anyone is interested in my Truck Lites, just shoot me a PM. They are in perfect condition and have the modulation adapters to prevent flicker, and they work as advertised. I'm heading to Moab in October, so I plan on getting the heated version before then.

First mod on my next Jeep, a 2019 or 20 JL, will be Truck-Lites, unless the factory lights are gtg. Rumor is they will be LED, so we'll see.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Truck lites have been in ours for three years and to this day they amaze. Way brighter than my newer 1ton factory truck lights. I think the high beam could hit the moon.

Last edited by In2rsq1; 08-30-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Truck-Lites for almost 4 years. I adjusted the height and have always liked mine...
Old 08-21-2016, 12:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Low beam is the issue

My jeep has the horizontal screws stock as its rhd. I pretty much have high beam covered with a couple of light bars but I find the low beam on the trucks pretty pathetic and that is what a bought them for. My stock lights with hid kit were brighter with better cover and dare I say a far less choppy beam. Cut off was the issue. Remember we have h4 headlights in rhd jks. The trucks have great cut off but the low beam is full of holes and if you lift it up to see properly in front of the vehicle it is dark directly in front. Could someone with some speakers chip in on the low beam? I don't want to get rid of the trucks and have the same issue. Thanks jeepers.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you Google "headlight comparison" on jkowners.com you'll find a pretty competent lighting review. I would be surprised to find many people who admit their $800 lights aren't everything they hoped.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Well not 800 but

Actually about 400 delivered for the trucks and about 600 sitting in my amazon cart for the speakers waiting for the trigger. Just don't want to be disappointed again. I am on the road at 5am most days on the wag to work and then 7pm coming home so am nearly always in the dark. I need good low beams...
Old 08-21-2016, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Northridge4x4 has JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J lights on sale right now for 475.00 might make your decision easier.....
Old 08-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I've had my Truck-Lites for almost 4 years. I adjusted the height and have always liked mine...

Yup. I'm running heated truck-lites and am pleased with them. I also adjusted the height and the helped. No complaints.

Quick Reply: Anybody buy trucklites and be disappointed then by speakers and be happy?