Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Any way to disable headlights when using fob to unlock?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to disable headlights when using fob to unlock?

I dislike the headlights turning on when I hit unlock on my keyfob. Is there a way to disable this feature?
Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't you turn it off on the personal settings menu on the dash?
Old 01-12-2016, 10:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
I dislike the headlights turning on when I hit unlock on my keyfob. Is there a way to disable this feature?
I know there is wth a programmer like superchips, but also check the Manuel. I think there is way to do it in there.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Sorry dude but is that Manuel that owns a manual? Or the manual book in the glove box. Yah Yah I know universities don't teach spelling because junior schools pass it on to further people that say the problem should be fixed before the little folks get here. I wish I was able to get paid by passing the buck.
No need to be a dick about it. I typed manual and my phone must have auto corrected it. I certainly know the difference. You know nothing about me. But I guess you get off on calling out others imperfections, real big of you. And for the record the word is yeah not yah dick.

Last edited by Wolf_425; 01-13-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Somewhere around 2012ish Jeep gave us the option of easily scrolling through a menu on the gauge cluster for doing that. Before that it could be done with a sequence of cycling the ignition, key fob, and sometimes the seatbelt buckle to change things like the headlights, seatbelt chime, and auto door locks.

To turn off the lights flash when locking
Press the unlock button on the fob for 4 to 10 seconds. While still holding the unlock button press and hold the lock button. Release both and test.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...uences-183455/
Old 01-13-2016, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

This is an 08' and I don't care about light flash. It's the headlights themselves that stay on for about a minute that I do not want to come on.

Quick Reply: Any way to disable headlights when using fob to unlock?