Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Any tips on a clean copy from USB to 430N?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tips on a clean copy from USB to 430N?

Picked up my new Jeep from a dealer 6 hours away, so figured I'd transfer a big thumb drive on the way. FINALLY (slowest copy ever) reached 100%, but when I went to check it out, had some folders with no songs. I'm only using WMA/MP3. Also, On the drive, I put the Album folders in organized Band folders, but on HDD shits all over the place.

Manual says HDD will retain folder structure (I think), but looks like it latched on to media tags all over the place and it's a complete mess. Deleted it all from HDD and will try again in case it had to do with starting/stopping/breaks (shut off Jeep) while it was copying.

Any advice?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, the 430N does tend to be less than faithful in how you name and arrange things.
The path of least resistance seems to be to create single folders with band or artist name on the thumb drive and then copy the songs from your hard drive to the thumb drive folders.

Quick Reply: Any tips on a clean copy from USB to 430N?