Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Any experience with these truck-lite headlights?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know much about these but they do look cool. As for the flicker, I was looking at the Rebel Offroad Hellfire kit. They claim no flicker and no need for capacitor. It is designed to work with the canbus system in the new JK's. Just an option for you to compare. Post up what you decide!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Hellfire kit is an HID kit that uses the existing headlamps. Without a retrofit it can be illegal, have a poor beam pattern and blind other drivers. While affordable, it may not be the best option.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepinstein
This is the link to quadratec's site.
Truck-Lite LED Headlamp Kit for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Any experience with these? Problems? I'm looking to upgrade and have seen the other truck-lite's but I'm very interested in the black-out effect from these.

Hoping someone out there has used these yet! Pictures helpful too!
I bought them about a month ago and for the most part they are very bright and overall very happy, but the lights have the jitters or maybe its the wiring harness has a short not sure but as far as the performance of the light, Very happy!!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

I run them on my 2012, used the rally lights harness to eliminate the possibility of flickering. I got the lights from Discount Fleet Supply. $489 and had a coupon code for 5% off and free shipping.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty set on LED's just don't want to spend the money and regret anything later on

Originally Posted by Lefty Diego
I run them on my 2012, used the rally lights harness to eliminate the possibility of flickering. I got the lights from Discount Fleet Supply. $489 and had a coupon code for 5% off and free shipping.
Do you remember where you purchased the harness from? Same site? I would rather spend the money and be safer than have to take the headlamps out again to rewire.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepinstein
Pretty set on LED's just don't want to spend the money and regret anything later on

Do you remember where you purchased the harness from? Same site? I would rather spend the money and be safer than have to take the headlamps out again to rewire.
rallylights website item number HL28130J
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lefty Diego

rallylights website item number HL28130J
Thank you very much!

Quick Reply: Any experience with these truck-lite headlights?