Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Any Audible Differences Between the 130, 430, and 730 Stock Radios?

Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Audible Differences Between the 130, 430, and 730 Stock Radios?

I have a 2013 JKUS with the barebones radio (130). I have someone willing to trade me radios with their 430 (unsure if it's the N or RHB, RBZ, or REN) that's been removed for an aftermarket H/U and is now collecting dust. The biggest benefit I would personally utilize is the hard drive space. I have an MP3 player hooked up to my current radio, but securing it every time I park doorless/topless is a slight pain.

If there's not a better audio quality coming from these stock head units then I'm not going to bother with the work of swapping only to avoid this minor inconvenience I currently face, and I'll just wait until it's time to upgrade to aftermarket. I wouldn't use the nav, Sirius, Bluetooth, etc. My wife's Durango has a 430 or 730, but it's a whole different audio setup there so it's an apples to oranges comparison.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would just go aftermarket. It will sound better, and have way more features to adjust the sound.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the ultimate plan, but it's low on the priority list. If I can get a slight audible upgrade for free then figured why the hell not. If I'm getting no audible differences and the only benefit is the hard drive, then I'm not going to bother.

Quick Reply: Any Audible Differences Between the 130, 430, and 730 Stock Radios?