Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Another headlight question

Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

twist it to he left
Old 08-09-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
... i decided for the time being to do a cheap upgrade by changing out the light bulbs. Well i quickly discovered that it requires some disassembling to comfortably change out the bulb ...
The next thing you will discover is there is no cheap upgrade to the lights. We suffered the stock headlamp assemblies (not the bulbs, the stock bulbs are fine--it's the reflector and lens assembly that cause the problem) for two years before a reliable option came out (other options existed, but the sellers were hit-or-miss as to whether they could actually get you product). IPF through Northridge is the cheapest answer out there that works. If you haven't opened the new bulb packaging, return them and do the job right. Otherwise, you're wasting your money.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another headlight question

Sapper

If you in fact go ahead and install the new bulbs, please post your perception of how the perform...if any at all.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

Well i know you twist the bulb bracket to the left to get it out of the housing i just cant seem to get the bulb out of the bracket to actually replace the bulb. I would be more than happy to take pic at night to show any difference, if any at all once i get the bulbs replaced.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Well i know you twist the bulb bracket to the left to get it out of the housing i just cant seem to get the bulb out of the bracket to actually replace the bulb. I would be more than happy to take pic at night to show any difference, if any at all once i get the bulbs replaced.
I've got my stock headlights in front of me and it doesn't look like the stock H13 bulb comes out of the plastic housing...........it's a one piece unit.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I know they're not cheep, but I have to give props to Daniel Stern. His upgrade kit with the Cibie's is top notch. I could not believe the difference!

I made my own wiring harness, but in hindsight, I'd just go with Stern's
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Well looks like "Steve-s-95YJ" can see the problem im encountering but the thing is the bulb has too come out. There is no way that the manufacture would make a headlight that needs to be completely replaced after a bulb burns out. Seriously im starting to feel like a retard with these bulbs, i might just go by me some new headlights and call it a day... any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Actually, I don't think I'm seeing the problem you're having........LOL

As I mentioned earlier, the H13 bulb is a single piece design (you can't take the actual bulb/glass element out of the black plastic base), the bulb is replaced as a single unit.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve's 95YJ
Actually, I don't think I'm seeing the problem you're having........LOL

As I mentioned earlier, the H13 bulb is a single piece design (you can't take the actual bulb/glass element out of the black plastic base), the bulb is replaced as a single unit.
F*&! it im just going to buy me a set of new headlights and call it a day. Im starting to feel like a real moron not being able to change out some headlight bulbs.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default changing headlights with a winch bumper fitted

Guys,

Can anyone help, one of my headlight bulb for the low low dip light and not the main headlight keeps going off and coming back so im thinking there is probably a loose connection. Before I had my winch bumper on it was pretty easy to change bulbs by opening the grill in the front but now with the winch bumper and winch it maynot be possible without taking the bumnper off, is there an easy way to do this so I can check for any loose connection and to be honest would be good to know, as if I ever need to change the bulbs on the headlight it will be good to know how to do it....where could this loose connection possibly be as the housing for the bulbs are quite firm and locked in...????

Quick Reply: Another headlight question