Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Another Dome Light issue

Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Dome Light issue

Okay, here is my dilema. I installed a 3rd dome light in my custom trunk on my 4 door. I tapped into the rear dome light light wire, yellow with white stripe. My idea is that I want the new light to come on automtaically, just like the front and rear domes do when I open the tailgate so it illuminates the trunk compartment. During the install the doors were open and it kept the dome lights (front and rear) on. As i tapped into the yellow wire with white stripe both lights went out. I finished the wiring and replaced the M20 fuse for the Cabin Compartment Node Interior Lights, which was blown. Now I can turn the front and rear dome lights on manually with the switches on them ( i assume the M20 fuse fixed this), but they no longer come on automatically such as arming/disarming, opening a door, or opening the tailgate (the whole reason I did this install. It is not the stack on the steering wheel. I checked it just to make sure, but the lights were on the automatic on setting during the install and when they blew out. The yellow wire with the white stripe is specifically for the "automatic on" setting, there is a seperate yellow wire with green stripe for the constant power to turn the lights on manually. I checked the yellow wire with white stripe for power with all of the doors open and the wire has no power now, it did when I first started the install. Anyone who can help me solve this dilema? I have manually checked every fuse and none other than the M20 that I replaced appeared to be blown. Thanks,
Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be Can Bus shutting down that circuit down try disconnecting the battery and open and close the door three times then re connect the battery. ( the door stuff is supposed to help drain capacitors)

Quick Reply: Another Dome Light issue