Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Another aux lighting question. pls help

Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another aux lighting question. pls help

I spent my day trying to wire the new lights mounted off of the windshield pillar. I have attached the wiring diagram and i need some help.

#1. Can i use this set up and skip cutting into the wiring harness? The diagram says to run the wire (lower left, red on diagram) to the parking lamp. How can i bypass this?

OR

#2. Should i just wire directly to the switch? To do that where does the third wire run too? Power = red, ground = black and white =??????

thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	32589   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	32590  
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wire they show going from blue to white needs to be run to a switched power source. Such as wire a toggle switch with power from the cig lighter > toggle > white wire. The wiring diagram you posted will have the lights on ANYTIME the parking lights are on. Which sounds like what you would not want!

Basically that white wire needs to have 12v whenever you want the lights to come on..
Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I ran the red directly to the battery and it works!!!

Quick Reply: Another aux lighting question. pls help