Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Annoying Rattle

Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying Rattle

Hello everyone ,I would like to know if anyone has had this problem and how you solved it?
My 2011 JKUR has infinity system.Problem is when I crank sound up I get a rattle /vibration from the dome light enclosure .It sounds Terrible.
Got any Idea on how to fix this ? THANKS
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Grab a bag of polyfill from Hobby Lobby and stuff it in the sound bar. Just remove the speakers in the sound bar and stuff the polyfill in the bar towards the center and behind the speakers. Did wonders for mine.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shakeman0
Grab a bag of polyfill from Hobby Lobby and stuff it in the sound bar. Just remove the speakers in the sound bar and stuff the polyfill in the bar towards the center and behind the speakers. Did wonders for mine.
Thanks , I will try it .
Old 05-26-2012, 01:09 AM
JK Freak

I used low expansion spray foam, big difference. I never used poly fill - but a solid boundary like foam should be a lot better than fiber.

Quick Reply: Annoying Rattle