Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Amp wires?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Amp wires?

This is the first time I have installed a subwoofer in a Jeep. How have y'all ran your power, RCA, and remote wires from the front to the rear; under the carpet, under the tub, or just follow the plastic covers along the doors? Plan to do the install in the next few weeks and wanted to be ready and informed when I started. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on where ur putting the sub and amps. I installed my subs under front seats and used small compact amps and installed them inside my glove box and under steering column where factory one was so they where stealth and wires were easy to hide. Only speaker wires user carpet to the subs.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

It's a 12" compR sub from bestbuy. In an factory built box. The size of the box and amp,it will have to mount in the back. I will build a downfire box eventually, so it won't take up as much room. But this Willis really to work for now.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U will be better off running ur wires under the carpet then,towards the sides of the cab so no one has chance of stepping/slipping and chance of pulling the wires loose.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

My thinking with running them under the carpet is that the carpet isn't as tight as other vehicles and would give the wire room to move around, ultimately rubbing holes into them. Guess I could get some good tape that will cover the wire to hold them stationary.

Quick Reply: Amp wires?