Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Am I the only one who hates the soundbar?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you thought the stock "sport cage" was strong?
j

Just out of curiosity, anyone know just how strong the stock cage is? I would think it would have to be able to handle a rollover.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to ask. What's with the school bus theme?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

what kind of paint did you use to paint the inner plastic around the top of the windshield??
Old 04-13-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
Lots of people moan, "The 4 door in yellow looks like a school bus" as if that's a bad thing. I think it's pretty funny and went with it as a theme. I'm about a quarter of the way done.

And I'm crazy.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
what kind of paint did you use to paint the inner plastic around the top of the windshield??
Krylon Fusion for Plastic. It's held up well so far. I did five coats. No flaking smearing when I clean the interior. I actually took the windshield surround off because it looked really thick, but the metal underneath wasn't evenly painted so it didn't look that great without it either. Now that it's yellow, it really blends in with the rest of the windshield frame and brightens up the cabin a bit. I don't even notice it anymore.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
interesting . . ..

if your roll cage is painted (part of mine isn't!!!!) i'd ditch the black covers too.

and on another note. WOW, that cross bar REALLY doesn't look very strong!!!!!! makes me worry about the stock cage!
I've taken off most of the padding and it's pretty ugly under there. I'd totally leave it off if it looked cool. And, yeah, the cross bar's not there for strength I'm sure.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Default Love It!

the sound rocks from the bar BUT i hit my daughter's head almost every time i put her into the back seat. please don't call child services on me-it's accidental
Old 04-13-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I totally dig the yellow inside too. I want to paint mine to match the rescue green, but not sure how hard it would be to find the correct color.

and yeah man, i dig the school bus look. I love yellow JK's. and the more yellow inside the better (or any matching color for that matter). I wish i had more Rescue Green in my interior.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
I totally dig the yellow inside too. I want to paint mine to match the rescue green, but not sure how hard it would be to find the correct color.

and yeah man, i dig the school bus look. I love yellow JK's. and the more yellow inside the better (or any matching color for that matter). I wish i had more Rescue Green in my interior.
Painting the center stack in the dash and the windshield surround was pretty easy. It looks like the way it should come from the factory. I'd recommend doing it to match any exterior color! Do it! Do it now!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
j/k it's different but a good kind of different i like, i wouldn't do it but it's cool to see

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who hates the soundbar?