Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm Suggestions?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Suggestions?

Next up on my list of things is an alarm. Would like something relatively affordable. Range isn't too important. I have a soft top and would like it to sense on intrusion as well as windows breaking/doors opening. Under-hood not needed. I have power windows/locks. Auto start not needed either.

Suggestions?

I'm a do-it-yourself guy and comfy with wiring and electronics as long as it's not too crazy or requires hacking up stuff that pushes me into warranty no-no land.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would suggest a viper/python/clifford alarm. The are the easiest to program. auto page is also a good brand and slightly more affordable but they just a little more of a pain to program.

As far as the alarm sensing an intrusion you will need an adjustable proximity censor. All the glass break and door sensors are sold seperate but if you have a factory alarm then you can tap into them.

Any car electronics store can help you get everything you will need but I would suggest going to a specialty store like Car Toys or a smallers business like that. not best buy
Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H.I.I.K
I would suggest a viper/python/clifford alarm. The are the easiest to program. auto page is also a good brand and slightly more affordable but they just a little more of a pain to program.

As far as the alarm sensing an intrusion you will need an adjustable proximity censor. All the glass break and door sensors are sold seperate but if you have a factory alarm then you can tap into them.

Any car electronics store can help you get everything you will need but I would suggest going to a specialty store like Car Toys or a smallers business like that. not best buy
Agreed... viper/python/automate. And pick up the canbus module to directly interface with the jeep. super easy install.

xxx. directed.com. DEI is the company that makes both alarms (and many others). chances are you may be able to pick up a python or automate for a little cheaper than viper (exact same unit) just because of consumer impressions of viper being the best.

Quick Reply: Alarm Suggestions?