Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm Question: Does Anyone Make This or am I Dreaming?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Question: Does Anyone Make This or am I Dreaming?

I just did a quick search, so if this has already been covered, I apologize.

I have a 2010 with power everything and I am currently running the stock alarm system.

I would like to be able to add a motion detector so that if the Jeep bounces around when locked (like someone jumping in it with the top off) it will go off. But I would also like to just add it to the existing stock alarm system.

BUT

I would also like one of those systems that would contact me if/when the alarm goes off... but I really don't want to have to carry around one of those little remotes. Is there a company that lets you lock and unlock their system with the stock electronic Jeep key and they alert your cell phone or something?

...basically I want something like Compustar's system but without having to use one of their remotes. I'm not up on security systems...
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DEI. viper, Clifford, python.

Get a DEI direct connect harness and a DEI DB-ALL. Add the smart start option and it is basically a plug and play full alarm remote start that uses you factory fob or smart phone with the app. It is what I have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3366557145.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	388541  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have it and I love it...

Viper model
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Collyn

Get a DEI direct connect harness and a DEI DB-ALL. Add the smart start option and it is basically a plug and play full alarm remote start that uses you factory fob or smart phone with the app. It is what I have.

This looks cool. Is it a DIY or need to be done in those specialty shops (e.g. Car Toys, etc)?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Drone, it does a lot, hahaha, not even sure all it does, but it works through my iPhone so I can check on things from anywhere and get alerts anywhere, not just in the vicinity of the vehicle.

Remote Start and Security | Smartphone Control | GPS Tracking | DroneMobile.com
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Does this work with the factory remote start too? I have factory alarm, keyless and remote start, I would lie to use something like this to add remote monitoring/starting by phone.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I like the looks of this one the most. Like Maverkick asked, can you buy this as a DIY kit or do you have to get it installed?

Also, I'm assuming that these smartphone options have a subscription fee?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pay a pro.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
Pay a pro.
x2 on pay a pro

i used to install stereos and alarms when i was a lot younger and the cars/jeeps have gotten awfully advanced/computerized since then and its worth the money to pay a pro

check out the shop your using, try and get first hand recommendations

i'm lucky i live in a fairly small town and there is a stereo shop that does everything from daily drivers to six figure porsches and bentleys

and there also a medium sized off road shop that does wonderful work on jeep's!

matthew
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't have an alarm installed but in past week thieves in Va Bch have been busy. They broke into some vehicles last Tuesday in my neighborhood and today a friend in another neighborhood had his jeep broken into. My question is what type of alarm are the majority of owners installing to prevent, deter intruders beside putting up signs that they will be shot. I would like a modestly priced alarm with proximate sensor and motion sensor. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Alarm Question: Does Anyone Make This or am I Dreaming?