Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm

Old 06-26-2007 | 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's really good to hear. I'm having the same alarm (although from Clifford) installed today.
Old 06-26-2007 | 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pikejd
My rear window on my soft top was slashed. I lost my luggage and my laptop. Sucks! I would like to buy a Viper with the two motion sensors on the inside. In addition, I want the outside invisible approach warning. Do you guys know what I am talking about.

I think with the alarm you guys a re looking at would have worked for my stuff. However, my window still got slashed at a cost odf $350 BUCKS!! I want to keep them away as well as protect the inside. Any suggestions?

Thanks
pikejd
I would be stay away from ones that talk when you walk by the outside, those are known for drawing even more unwanted attention then they do keep it away.... many are known to get keyed/windows broken/kicked/dented just to prove i can set this alarm off and walk away without ever getting cought. The motion sensors that have been talked about during this thread can do this if thats what you really want, they do an external aswell as an internal motion sensing. There are two types Radar and Ultrasonic. I would advise doing the Radar if you read up on them you will find that they are more repitable. You can purchase radar (508 D i think) or ultrasonic ( 508 U) for DEI ( company who makes Viper and Python alarms). You can easily plug them into and calibrate them on either one of these systems. I personally will have 2 one for the dash and one that i will put in the drunk to make sure that neither a duster or my top are affected. Hope any info i just provided helps!
Old 06-28-2007 | 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
in some cars; they tape the key under the dash, as long as its close enough to the ignition, the car reads the transponder and gives it the OK to run...
Only problem with that, is that if someone makes it into your car without setting off the alarm (ie: cutting a hole thru the canvas/soft top window) then they can just hot wire/force the ignition and get away with your jeep...
Old 06-29-2007 | 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bummer on your rear window dude :whoaisme: Somebody need to make a sticker that says, "DO NOT CUT THE CANVAS OR PLASTIC WINDOWS, Just open the door, or unzip the window. Steal my stuff, but please don't damage my Jeep!"

Rear trunk--it's only accessible when the rear gate is open. the top is hinged (and has a prop rod) for easier access. Here is the MOPAR info: 82210313 add a trunk 211.60. I think it's a "gotta have" if you run with your top down.

How come the the rear window replacement was so expensive? Complete tinted window kits from Quadratec are only about $200.

Quick Reply: Alarm