Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Airbag / Seat Workaround ....

Old 10-05-2019, 12:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Airbag / Seat Workaround ....

Ok, so I have gone through all the threads I could find on this seemingly common issue - with no definitive answer .

I’ve got a 2016 JK and I have replaced the stock seats & belts with Mastercraft Baja RS’s and Crow Harnesses.

I have already wired in a little ‘jumper cable’ to get rid of the seatbelt light / chime, and now I have set my attention to wiring in a resistor to the yellow plug under my seat to get rid of the Airbag light on the dash.

Most posts on the subject seem to be pointing towards a 2.2 Ohm resistor under each seat - has anyone been successful with this mod?

Any photos of how you wired it into the plastic yellow plug would be super appreciated !

Thanks all - Neville

Old 10-05-2019, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

That's the one light on my dash I'd like to get rid of. Same seats and same yellow plugs. I ordered the seat position sensors thinking I could plug those in and have the issue resolved, but there are other pieces there that aren't accounted for. I've seen talk of the resistor, but haven't been brave enough to tackle that yet. Airbags aren't my favorite thing to play with for some reason.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep, lots of posts on the internet about this, some good info - nothing concrete though ...

Well now I’m on a mission - I’ll post the resolution (at least for a 2016 JK) up here when I get it figured out.

Neville

Quick Reply: Airbag / Seat Workaround ....