Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Airbag notification on dashboard

Old 10-25-2024 | 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Airbag notification on dashboard

Good morning! I have a airbag light that has suddenly and sporadically started to pop on and off. I've used a Bluetooth code reader, and it's not picking up any sort of error code, at least not related to the airbag system. But it is throwing a ECM code. Would anyone here have any insight as to what might be the cause?

Also, please let me know if this is not the correct form to purchase then, it seems that it's likely electrical.
Old Today | 02:47 AM
JK Newbie

Good morning. I had this happen to my 2016 a couple months ago, all the sudden all the brake lights lit up on the dash as well as the traction control light. I narrowed it down to either the ABS wheel sensor or the ABS module itself. I purchased a decent code reader that can read ABS codes and it ended up being the ABS module had gone bad. This is very common in these years I read, and the part from the dealership is very expensive.

If it is the module the path I took was removed the module and sent it to Module Masters and they rebuilt it and had it back to me in a week. 5-year warranty on the module from them.

Quick Reply: Airbag notification on dashboard