Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Air conditioning problem

Old 07-11-2015, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning problem

Don't run my air a lot but it has been really humid here the past week. I ran it one day after work and everything was fine.

Went to go out later that evening and the climate control area of the dash had no power. When I say that area I mean the climate control, cig lighters, hazard flashers, and the ESP all had no power. I immediately thought a fuse but the next day I realized the little light on my cell phone charger was on. So I went to flip the air on and that killed it instantly. Sometimes when I turn it back off the cell phone charger powers back up, sometimes it doesn't and will randomly turn back on. At one point the air started working again when the fan was about midway but turned off when I turned it up higher.

Since it is obviously not a blown fuse I don't even know where to start. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tear apart climate control panel and check all wire harnesses. I think there is at least 4 of them. My climate control switch assembly shit the bed one day. Only worked when it wanted to. Finally i broke down and bought a new used one from a junk yard 50 bucks. New ones from mopar are 90 bucks. That solved my problem.

Quick Reply: Air conditioning problem