Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket tweeter with crossover

Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which option did you go with? I'm thinking about Dremeling... Thanks!!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the super glue. That other cup barely fits. If u make a small mistake ur f'd. Post some pics
Old 06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im having trouble figuring out how to even set up the tweeter with the two cups? I can't seem to get it to fit into either one? did you just put the tweeter into one of the cups and superglue it to the outside of the stock housing?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thejmack
Im having trouble figuring out how to even set up the tweeter with the two cups? I can't seem to get it to fit into either one? did you just put the tweeter into one of the cups and superglue it to the outside of the stock housing?
i put the tweeter into the larger cup ran the wires and then super glue'd it to the main housing. when u disconnect the stock tweeter there is a tab. that tab side is the positive lead.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had the same problem with the polk tweeters and i did exactly what the others did. if i remember correctly i had to snip out some plastic clips things to get them to fit and superglued them back shut. theres plenty of room to tie wrap the crossover. i dont have an amp just a sony deattachable bluetooth so i had to use the crossovers. its been 2 years ive had no problems.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

I dremeled mine out and squeezed the tweeters in flush. No superglue necessary. 1" tweeters fit fine. Kicker KS components.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

If you have the Infinity system, you shouldn't use the cross-overs that came with your tweeters.

The Infinity amp has a built in Digital EQ which already prevents the low frequencies which can damage tweeters from reaching the tweeters.

If you add the cross-overs, the only thing you are doing is reducing the output level of your tweeters, adding phase distortion, and adding noise. If you like those kind of things in your audio system....then hey....add the cross-overs.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Would any one have any photos of the infinity 1031t's mounted. I got mine in yesterday started to put them in. Trying to figure out the best method to make them look good. There suppose to not require much modification from what crutchfield says.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

I don't own a dremel so I used a fine wood/plastic rounded file and went very slowly test fitting often, went by really quickly and even my wife noticed the sound difference

Matthew

Quick Reply: Aftermarket tweeter with crossover