Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

aftermarket stereo without an aftermarket harness?

Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket stereo without an aftermarket harness?

firstly i have an 07 wrangler x with the factory infinity system... is it possible to remove the factory h/u with infinity sound system and install an aftermarket h/u without the wire harness adapter? i have installed many car systems but have never dealt with chryco's canbus system. i don't mind running all new wiring since i would install a different amp to power all the speakers in the jeep. i just don't know if removing the factory head unit and amp will cause an issue with the operation of the canbus system.

i bought this thing new in 06 and haven't changed the stereo because i am not familiar with the canbus system. but i can no longer stand the factory system anymore... i have the need for more POWER AND SOUND... can anyone help me out?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did it with a 08 with out the infinity system... wost case you might loose your chimes... which might be a good thing.. but i had no problems at all.. i installed nav DVD .. couple of amps sub woofer.. new speakers with out a harness.. the system was just separate from the jeep for the most part.. you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Use a Scosche CRO4B harness and the VW antenna adapter. Tap into ignition harness or left lighter for accessory power. Door chime is all that will be lost.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

So Jeep07... do you know if that harness work on a '10 as well?

Quick Reply: aftermarket stereo without an aftermarket harness?