Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket stereo

Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket stereo

Almost a year ago I baught a panasonic D3 (touch screen, DVD, GPS) for my 07 Sahara 2dr, I like it but feel if I leave my hard top off I will come back to no stereo. I am thinking of downgrading to a cheaper stereo that I can take the face plate off of. I dont want it to look cheap or tacky. What is everyone else running for aftermarket CD players.

What is done with the extra space when you put a smaller radio in to replace the cadillac sized stock radio? Im a visual guy pictures would be nice.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

i put in a pioneer avid3 which i got for about 675 dollars off of ebay. Also have a sub enclosure jl audio l7 12" installed in the back am also worried somebody will steal it. I took the sub out and screwed the box to the floor so it will be a little harder to get out. i am looking for a alarm system which has motion for the interior when i take the top off but have not found the one i wAnt yet.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been eyeing the Pioneer DEH-P9800. Has bluetooth, satelite and iPod ready. Goes for about 420 on crutchfield. Not ready to pull the trigger but thinking about it.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Fallen Hero

I am interested in one that I just push the cell phone button and it connects me to it. Hands free. Not sure if that is the blue tooth feature or not.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Kenwood KNX7100, bluetooth, IPOD, & XM. I don't live in a crime area. The bluetooth is just OK. Interior noise makes for alot of noise on the other end. It works OK at low speed or if you pull over.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just bought a fold down dvd player for mine. So far no problems. They're good in that you can remove the faceplate and secure the hideaway unit making it tougher to steal.

The space below is a little pocket for storage. I have no pictures.

If you have the DVD player, just use it. If it gets stolen, it gets stolen, it will be the same deal with any stereo. Just don't flash it around, making people want to steal it. If they don't know it's there, they're not going to target you.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MyGig

I dont know about the JK but tuffy used to make a security console that worked wonderfully to house stereos.. I had one in my YJ and nothing ever got stolen
Old 12-13-2007, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe I asked the question wrong... I am looking for a picture of what it would look like if you put a single head unit in smaller than the factory one. Are they or were they able to trim the space out for you so it looks nice? Was it worth doing?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereo