Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Remote Starter

Old 12-08-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Remote Starter

I have a Basic JKU and am installing a remote starter using the T-Harness available from iDataLink. I am also using their module and an Autopage remote starter Unit.
I have the wiring correct and verified and have done the module flashing and programming per the instructions. I seem to be getting only one way communication, to the jeep. If i lock the alarm the horn honks (i have aftermarket door locks), but if i open the door the alarm does not go off. If i try to lock the jeep with a door open the alarm beeps back saying the door is open.
Also when i try to remote start the unit the remote says Engine stop and shows no other icons.

Trouble shooting:
If i ground the Hood pin wire it says engine stop and shows the hood open.

When i try to enter programming mode on the starter/ alarm unit it doesn't seem to be detecting the key on/off sequence.

Any thoughts?
Hopefully there are some current 12 volt guys out there that are wiling to help a former 12 volt guy.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Remote Starter