Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Headlights Wired Opposite

Old 07-29-2024, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Aftermarket Headlights Wired Opposite

I am a new Jeep owner! Hate the factory headlights so purchased a new set of aftermarket halo headlights and fog lights. The headlights seem to be wired opposite to the function with high-beams on when low-beam switch and low-beam is on when high-beam is switched on. No the lights are not high-end but were not cheap cheap either. Ive been trying to find the wiring harnes diagram so we can switch the wiring in the light harness, can anyone direct me where to find this information please?
Thanks for your help!
Old 07-29-2024, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've read of this issue before. Some guys buy a harness adapter that crosses the high & low wires. Some guys use a little pick or screw driver to pry the connectors out of the headlight plug & move the connectors as needed.

The other common issue with some after market lights in having them not physically fit in the existing mounting buckets. I don't mind doing a wiring change like that, but I really don't want to hack into my stock headlight buckets. If your new lights mount with no physical modifications, other than that one wiring change, I'd be interested to learn which ones you got.
The following users liked this post:
NewJeepJunkie (07-29-2024)
Old 07-29-2024, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

I have a service manual for a 2013. It looks like you have a '15. I have to think the wire colors are the same. here is a diagram I have. Hope it helps.

The following users liked this post:
NewJeepJunkie (07-29-2024)
Old 07-29-2024, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you! This should help.
My son is doing the modification for me! Save him searching.
Old 07-29-2024, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Totally agree. Pretty sure they will fit in the buckets but the wiring will hopefully be an easy fix.
Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headlights Wired Opposite