Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Fog Lights problem

Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Fog Lights problem

So i have an 08 X that came with stock bumper without fog lights or tow hooks. So i picked up a friend's Sahara front bumper takeoff with cutouts for fog lights, but no lights. I bought an aftermarket pair of fogs that fit the OEM holes perfectly. I wired them up to a switch. When i tried them out, the driver's side is significantly brighter than the passenger side. I'm not sure if the problem is that one is too bright or one is dull?? I checked all the connections and they seemed fine... Any ideas??
Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Grind Your Ground. If you are trying to get the ground from your bumper bolted to the frame the connection isn't always that good. Find an existing ground from the factory and route the wires to that or drill your own. Also, switch your bulbs and see if the result is the same. If it is reground. Maybe check the connections on the housing and make sure your wires are seated well and tight. Wiring lights are easy and pretty simple, don't sweat it.. Good Luck.

Last edited by IKE2011; 01-20-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will try this tomorrow thanks!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fog Lights problem