Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket alarm wiring diagram

Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket alarm wiring diagram

Okay, so I have bought a Clifford alarm, and the factory power lock mechanisms, and have my very well trained cousin coming to put the thing in. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to put the alarm in? I know which wires are which on the alarm unit, but what colors on the Jeep. Keep in m ind I do not have the factory alarm. The alarm also has remote start, so could also use the wiring for that. I have a good volt meter, and am just looking for a heads up soo we start off in the right direction.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

i just bought a python 1601 alarm with remote start, and i am looking for something to get me going as well, if i find anything ill post it here, i have something like 22 wires to hook up as well as mounting a few others.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/jk-resources-19439/
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Location: Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

In my manual it says that a wire is the (+)30amp fused ignition 2 / flex relay input 87. Its description says that this wire is the polarity feed for the ignition 2 / flex relay any idea where it should go?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, so got the alarm in and everything but the locks are working. I found a post on here that said use 330 ohm resistors, and that didn't work. I am using the factory actuators. I put the two additional wires into the harness in the door and used a drill battery to check it and it locked and unlocked the doors. Then I tried it with a 9volt battery, same result. When I hook up the alarm to just the drivers door, it will trip the lock about half way, but when i put it to all of them, the voltage drops to around 2 volts output, and won't do anything. With nothing attached, the alarm puts out 12 volts for .8 seconds just like it should. I read the post on the12volt about using a 1k resistor on the lock side, and 180ohm on the unlock. Is this correct? I am at a total loss, and the power locks was one of my major reasons for doing this. If we can't firgure it out, I am starting to think about a solenoid setup so the alarm just has to fire the solenoid and let the battery do the rest, but would prefer it work like it should. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Alarm and Keyless finally working!!!!

Okay, so I have learned 2 things from putting in this alarm, 1. I should have paid somebody. 2. If I wasn't gonna pay someone, I should have done it all myself. So the Clifford alarm and keyless entry finally works. Note to all users of the factory actuators: You must use a relay setup if you are just going to use the aftermarket alarm to unlock the doors. When wiring in the door sensor, just wiring it to one door will only trigger the alarm when THAT DOOR IS OPENED. Wire the + door trigger for the alarm to the white wire with a yellow stripe under the passenger side entry plate. This way, when you take your doors off, all you have to do is turn off the domelight. Even this isn't always neccessary on most alarms. Also, anytime the dome light comes on, alarm goes off, meaning any door opened, including the rear. As far as the connector for the doors, I bought a set at Radio shack, and they seem to work really well. I added the intrusion sensor and it is a very nice addition. I was able to turn my shock sensor way down so every little thunder clap or door shutting wouldn't set it off, but I set the intrusion sensor to give the warning chirp if you get within a foot of the jeep. It goes off almost instantly upon reaching into the window or cargo area. All in all, seems to be a very nice setup. If anyone has questions about putting in an alarm on your JK, shoot me a message and I'll try to help. I learned the hard way, so you don't have to...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll be installing an alarm and keyless entry soon. First I am installing Power Locks with switches and relays. Once I have that working I'll go for the Keyless Entry Alarm system.

Many Alarms have relays built in to trigger the actuators. Did the Alarm system you bought not have built in relays? I was looking at the Viper 1002 if I do the install myself. The local alarm installer in my town uses Cliffords.

If the system I install has relays built in I was just gonna connect them to the output wire on my switch relays and have the alarm supply the 12V to unlock the doors.

I suppose if it doesn't include relays I'll connect the alarm to the wire from the switch to trip the relay.

Does the system you installed allow you to unlock the driver door with a single push and both doors with a double push of the unlock button?

I plan on putting in separate relays to control each door so I would like progressive unlock ...

If you could supply a list of where you found all the necessary wires necessary for your install that would be great. Supposedly all of the DEI alarms use the exact same color codes for their install.

Thanks ... Dan
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

PM me your email addy and I will scan the clifford install sheet and send it to you. I actually went to the dealer (friend of mine) and got some of the color codes. As for the alarm, I got the 2.2x, one of thier newest. From what I have learned, clifford is dei's higher end model, and it did not have relays built in, I would guess the viper doesn't either. I got mine at sonic electronix, along with the 508d sensor.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey all, i'm happy to help with any particular questions on this topic, but it's far too much to post how to do the whole install. I installed aftermarket accessories for about 6 years in previous career. Unless you are pretty savvy with 12v installs, I wouldn't recommend attempting yourself.

I'm in NW OH and if anyone is close, I'm happy to help with an install. I love this stuff.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm wiring diagram