Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Alarm and Doorlocks / 4 door/ 2013

Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Alarm and Doorlocks / 4 door/ 2013

Does anyone have any suggestions for an alarm system and Door locks on a 4 Door.
I was looking for a 2 way system , but i do not need remote start. would like door locks on all 4 doors though,
Thanks
Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Go with a viper 2 way with remote start. I have a 2013 JKUR and I run doorless and topless with the viper system, it has motion activated (microwave) so even if you go to look into the jeep it gives warning chirps and then goes off. The 2 way system I got was for a range of I believe 1000ft, which is the reason I got the remote start feature, which I have factory remote start when I bought it but the range from factory is terrible (200ft max) now I can start from 1000 ft away and also have the option to extend the running time and check temp, where you can not with factory.

2013 JKUR, 2.5 teraflex, 17x9 V-Tech, Banks cold air, Gibson cat back, 315/70/17 duratrac, RR mod bumper, RR 8500 lbs
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Code Alarm system with remote start. Very similar to the Viper system. What ever you get, get a proximity alarm with it for when you're doorless or topless.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnsisu
Go with a viper 2 way with remote start. I have a 2013 JKUR and I run doorless and topless with the viper system, it has motion activated (microwave) so even if you go to look into the jeep it gives warning chirps and then goes off. The 2 way system I got was for a range of I believe 1000ft, which is the reason I got the remote start feature, which I have factory remote start when I bought it but the range from factory is terrible (200ft max) now I can start from 1000 ft away and also have the option to extend the running time and check temp, where you can not with factory. 2013 JKUR, 2.5 teraflex, 17x9 V-Tech, Banks cold air, Gibson cat back, 315/70/17 duratrac, RR mod bumper, RR 8500 lbs
Where did u mount the proximity sensor? I just had the viper 2-way installed w/ remote start on my 13' & the installer just left the proxy sensor out & unattached on the bottom of the front dash. I don't like it there or think that it belongs there. Any info & pics would greatly be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Alarm and Doorlocks / 4 door/ 2013