Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

After market radio head unit. Need help!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market radio head unit. Need help!

Ok, I purchased at the time a brand new alpine cda-105 stereo win addition I also got a sirrus satelite. Fast forward to 2014 I purchase via eBay the alpine Bluetooth module. (Back then everything was in modules, now everything is included in the unit). On Sunday I attempted to install. What a pain I the ass. The radio and blue tooth module is so old it didn't recognize my iPhone 5s. So after hours of trying to pair the thing I gave up. Then late Sunday night I gave it one last try and it worked. Haven't a clue how but it worked. My problem now all if the suddenly is the speakers when using the satelite only work on the right side! All the speaker work for all the other functions but the satelite. I have taken it out! Taken it back out, tried everything and nothing. The radio, iPod, all work fine! Even the Bluetooth still works!

Does anyone have any assistance??? I have included pictures if that helps any. Thanks again for your help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-231232527.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	554434   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1082468756.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	554435   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3429488298.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	554436  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I installed my kenwood unit I almost lost my mind when streaming bluetooth audio, only front speakers would work. I gave up and decided not to worry about it, random day later I was tinkering with settings/setup and found that each input had different speaker settings. Turns out bluetooth and satellite were set to only use the front speakers. May be something simple like that so i'd take time going through menus to see if you find anything. If other inputs are working properly it's unlikely to be a hardware issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for your responce. I am going to play around with it. That to me sounds like the culprit. I really don't want to have to unscrew the unit again! What a frustrating turn of events! But at least I finally got my iPhone paired with my stereo!!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
Thank you for your responce. I am going to play around with it. That to me sounds like the culprit. I really don't want to have to unscrew the unit again! What a frustrating turn of events! But at least I finally got my iPhone paired with my stereo!!!!
Your alpine doesn't have those settings. I don't think the issue is similar to the OP. I think you have a faulty AINET cable. AINET cables do not carry front back left and right audio. Only L/R. The head unit splits the signal into front rear and sub. The AINET cable is either open circuit on a channel or not properly plugged in. (Tight enough).
Old 05-21-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
Your alpine doesn't have those settings. I don't think the issue is similar to the OP. I think you have a faulty AINET cable. AINET cables do not carry front back left and right audio. Only L/R. The head unit splits the signal into front rear and sub. The AINET cable is either open circuit on a channel or not properly plugged in. (Tight enough).

Interesting. I do have the option of having to select speakers with my Bluetooth. And I played around with that last night and still the problem exists.

I have a feeling your correct about the Ainet cable. When I installed the Bluetooth the other day I cleaned up the modules and placed all of them in my glove box. It's been since then that maybe I cinched the wire or the Sirius module itself where the 8 pin wire might be damaged???

Quick Reply: After market radio head unit. Need help!