Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

AEV Procal steering alignment issue!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm trying to use the Procal to center the wheel and no matter what I do the lights do not change as I'm turning the buckle on the drag link. Tried it a couple weekends ago then again today. Last time the turn signal would change if I turned vehicle on made adjustment the backed out and do it again. It has never changed the turn signals as I'm adjusting it.
Today no matter what I do the right signal is on no matter how far I adjust it. Our jeep is an '07 JKU. I can eyeball it to center but my esp/BAS light is on and I was hoping this would cure that. But with it not even working properly I cannot eliminate the steering being off as the cause.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

***bump***
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When the gizmo won't work, go with tried and true:

Find a level piece of pavement like a deserted parking lot. Drive straight ahead; the steering wheel should be off by the amount you observe driving on the road. Pull to a stop and adjust the buckle until the steering wheel is straight.

Usually takes me a couple times to get it dead-on perfect, but the first try will get it close enough to shut the ESC nanny up.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

does the light go out when you turn the wheel? Even with the Procal I had to get out on the road and drive to get it perfect. The Procal got it close but I took the wrenches with me and kept adjusting.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal steering alignment issue!