Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

AEV Procal question - Pairing/Unpairing/Flashed

Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Procal question - Pairing/Unpairing/Flashed

New to the forum, I searched and didnt find any answers.

I purchased a '13 Sahara and it has an AEV lift on it and bigger tires. I normally would not buy one without knowing whats on it/etc but I looked at the vehicle before purchasing and noticed it was an AEV 2.5 kit, properly taken care of, and they had the AEV rear tire mount/swing. Also I went with the 100k b2b warranty as a friend of mine runs the dealership.

Anyhow, after driving it and reading on forums I discovered the AEV Procal. My question is, do the settings stay if the owner does unpairs it? The reason I ask is because the speedo is accurate, TPMS are accurate, and the one-touch turn signal mod still works (3 blinks).

Would these normally stay after somone unpaired? Is it possible they flashed it and forgot to unpair when they traded it in?

Can I buy a new procal and just flash over the current settings? Thanks for any help!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

anyone? Bueller?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From my understanding is that there is a ProCal out there somewhere that is still attached to your JK.
I just got a new ProCal on Friday, I had to unpair the old one to use the new one.
I then had to reprogram everything to the new one. Gears, tires, etc.
Not too sure if you can purchase a new one and just plug it in...

Last edited by Rancho; 03-09-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rancho
From my understanding is that there is a ProCal out there somewhere that is still attached to your JK.
I just got a new ProCal on Friday, I had to unpair the old one to use the new one.
I then had to reprogram everything to the new one. Gears, tires, etc.
Not too sure if you can purchase a new one and just plug it in...
I guess I'll reach out to AEV and see what they say

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: AEV Procal question - Pairing/Unpairing/Flashed