Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aeroforce gauge? Does this happen to you too?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Aeroforce gauge? Does this happen to you too?

Okay I have to admit that I'm still old school and love my autometer gauges but recently had an opportunity to get an Aeroforce Interceptor. Still trying to go through all the options which seem to be abundant and I love the fact I was able to get an aluminum bezel and white face to better match my existing gauges...but

I'm having a problem seeing the reading in the daytime when I have my Polarized Sunglasses on...does this happen to you? I tried adjusting the angle of the gauge but still have the same issue...no polaized glasses no problem.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have that problem. Mine is mounted low so I don't have any direct light on it, so maybe that is my difference.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps the glass lens is polarized, it does have index holes so it's possible since they can ensure it is maintained in the correct orientation. I know I can't wear polarized sunglasses with my motorcycle helmet because the face shield is polarized, the double polarization gives me a purple hazing effect to everything I look at and hard to see, you may be getting this effect.

Do you have the brightness turned up to 3? It comes default to 2. May help a bit.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Phantasm
Perhaps the glass lens is polarized, it does have index holes so it's possible since they can ensure it is maintained in the correct orientation. I know I can't wear polarized sunglasses with my motorcycle helmet because the face shield is polarized, the double polarization gives me a purple hazing effect to everything I look at and hard to see, you may be getting this effect.

Do you have the brightness turned up to 3? It comes default to 2. May help a bit.
Might be something to that Polarized glasses and Polarized lens on the gauge the brightness is not an issue. Sort of weird because it's mounted on the pillar with the other gauges and with the glasses on you can't see some of the display it's like half the display is missing.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered that gauge tonight!! How do you like it? Can you tell me if your able to use the lockers i'n 4 hi, or 2 wd. Rather than only being able to engage them i'n 4 low on a rubicon?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ECHO
Don't try pumping gas with polarized glasses on either unless you plan of filling up..
Can't see the digital readout
Thanks Craig!
Could be a combination of things like its mounted at an angle and Polarized...don't know that's why I'm asking the electronic guru's
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Don't try pumping gas with polarized glasses on either unless you plan of filling up..
Can't see the digital readout
I have never noticed that, my sunglasses are polarized I'll have to try that! Learn something new everyday !!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by greenenvey
I just ordered that gauge tonight!! How do you like it? Can you tell me if your able to use the lockers i'n 4 hi, or 2 wd. Rather than only being able to engage them i'n 4 low on a rubicon?
Man I'm still try to learn all the features like adjusting the idle for winching and the centering for the steering wheel but I like it...can't say I like it as much as my Autometer gauges for viewing but all the features are awesome!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

What platform do you use?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you adjust the briteness? Or would thAt help?

Quick Reply: Aeroforce gauge? Does this happen to you too?