Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Advice: Rear LCD with Wireless Headphones - no DVD.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice: Rear LCD with Wireless Headphones - no DVD.

So I've read all the installs (great info!), searched various websites and auction sites, but cannot find quite what I'm looking for.

I want a rear screen install for my son to watch his kids stuff with wireless headphones, whilst I can listen to my music on the factory head unit.
-> I saw one sony thread but cannot find that unit for sale any more.

I will use an ipod as the main video source (via video/sound out lead) or maybe using the video out feature of the 6Disc changer I have (this option not top priority).

Potentially I'd like a second wired video input for a backup camera - in case I decide to mount another screen in the front.

I am thinking of mounting it cleanly on the top rear of the arm-rest box - it will not be in my way and easy for my son in the back to watch. An alternative could be on the sound bar which may cause a cricked neck! (yes I saw the quadratec one but it looks way too bulky - I want it to look minimalist like a GPS install).

Any ideas?
Cheers

Quick Reply: Advice: Rear LCD with Wireless Headphones - no DVD.