Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Advice on items needed to install a new head unit/DVD player with nav.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on items needed to install a new head unit/DVD player with nav.

I normally take my crs to a radio shop but I would like to try to do an install on my own. I have been quoted $590 for a DVD/Ipod head unit (no Nav) installed. If I install i think it will cost me more but think it will feel more rewarding. So if you have installed one yourself, which model and what harness did you use. And also where did you get the mounting bracket? I would like naviation, ipod and DVD.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all plug and play. I'll find you the link I used to install mine. What system do you have now.... Infinity or non infinity.... They require different wire harnesses depending on what set up....
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the link.... It's a tight fit! I installed a 7inch screen. The only scary part was using a sawzall because I could not find the dremel!!!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...lpine-IVA-W205

Good luck

Quick Reply: Advice on items needed to install a new head unit/DVD player with nav.