Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

adjusting headlights

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by tazzdogsocal
how i did mine
back in to garage or comp. level area ,
make sure lights are square to door - measure
mark corresponding measurements on door.
next take a Prozac cas this is FRUSTRATING

you were that close to the door when you adjusted the lights?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

well sure as shit early this morning coming home from work in the dark and fog it was obvious I need some horizontal adustment as well. In just the dark they were fine but the fog showed the right beam was crossing over the the left. I met several cars on a two lane and never got flashed so that was good.

I wish it had an easy way to adjust so you could do it parked some where in the fog and get it adjusted without having to pull the grill and headlight.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
you were that close to the door when you adjusted the lights?
ya it gives you a center line , the light center is same on the wall as on the jeep,
then fine tune vertical on the road. because even the garage slope's down out the door,
if i'm full of it please let me know. the factory lights were off the marks, got better after
after adjusting , then installed cibie's , had to do it all over.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why they have no easy left to right adjustments is beyond me. Changed out to some silverstar h6024's and now my lights go cross eyed at about 25 to 30 feet.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi

ok last night was extremely dark and no fog and man do these light up the road on high beam. With out the fog I did not notice any beam crossing issues. Much better on low beam too but nothing like high beam. Never got flashed at all on low so my up down adjustment must be ok and still no flicker.

Quick Reply: adjusting headlights