Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding some aftermarket Gauges, where pull lighting from?

Old 04-15-2023, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Adding some aftermarket Gauges, where pull lighting from?

I'm adding some Autometer gauges later today, I have everything wired up and routed for the sensor and power except the lighting.
I'm trying to figure out the best place to pull power for the lights, and it would be awesome if the lights would dim with the rest of the dashboard.

If it's helpful, the gauge pod that I'm going to run sit's right above the radio, currently I have power routed there and the radio removed to help me route the new harness.

Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2023, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Lightbulb

I ended up having the oil pressure gauge lit all the time. Details are here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...5/#post4332264 including where I taped into key switched power. If you have an after market radio with an interface, it may be possible to use the interface where it tells the radio that the dash lights are on to dim the radio.

The following users liked this post:
JFish'n (04-15-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I found what I needed here: My light solution - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Still pending to see if it throws any codes with the non led bulbs, however so far the gauges are lit up and dim with the rest of the dashboard.

Quick Reply: Adding some aftermarket Gauges, where pull lighting from?