Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding oem powered doors, windows,locks

Old 03-30-2022, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding oem powered doors, windows,locks

Hey guys, I’ve been doing quite a lot of studying but I’m getting confused and feel like I’m just not getting a direct answer.

I am currently getting a set of factory full size doors from a Sahara. These doors have power locks and windows, my jku is a 17 sport that did not come with those options. I would like to stay as oem as possible I do not care about the price of doing it if possible, but what exactly is needed to be able to use these doors of course I know harnesses would be need but which exactly. What exactly is need to be done. Thank you
Old 03-31-2022, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Welcome to the forum. To do what you want you have to start with full wiring diagrams, then check to see if the wiring harnesses are able to accept the plug ins for the door locks and windows. You need all the dash switches and wiring connections and make sure the TIPM knows it is all there which means you need access to WiTech factory software to enable all of this. I doubt if will be simple plug and play (3 words I hate) Easier to sell the Jeep and replace with a fancier one. All the best on this and it can be done if you can throw enough money at it. I am opposite to you - I wish one could order a Rubicon with manual locks and windows.

Quick Reply: Adding oem powered doors, windows,locks