Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding Nav to 2018 Sport

Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Adding Nav to 2018 Sport

Is Nav plug and play? I've seen some used head units for sale. What's involved with the swap? Thanks!
Old 08-27-2019, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

All the navigation, radio, information systems I’ve experienced were not very good at anything
The following users liked this post:
Bluestar1 (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LC Boyer
All the navigation, radio, information systems I’ve experienced were not very good at anything
I don't really disagree. I had I Compass Trailhawk that I traded in for my JK. Just miss the infotainment stuff! LOL!
Old 08-27-2019, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It is plug and play but you'll need an unlock code. The newer JK's (to my knowledge) come with a Sirius/ GPS antenna so you'll only need one antenna to handle both signals. I put a radio from a 15 in my 10 and couldn't get GPS to work. We put it in my friend's 15 (base radio with the upgraded sound system) and his GPS worked perfectly.

I would caution you though- you can usually get a good aftermarket radio that will work well for the same or cheaper and it will be a longer term product, unless you're dead set on factory products like I try to be.
The following users liked this post:
Bluestar1 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It is plug and play but you'll need an unlock code. The newer JK's (to my knowledge) come with a Sirius/ GPS antenna so you'll only need one antenna to handle both signals. I put a radio from a 15 in my 10 and couldn't get GPS to work. We put it in my friend's 15 (base radio with the upgraded sound system) and his GPS worked perfectly.

I would caution you though- you can usually get a good aftermarket radio that will work well for the same or cheaper and it will be a longer term product, unless you're dead set on factory products like I try to be.

Great info! Thank you for the reply. I like the idea of using a factory piece for this specific application.

Quick Reply: Adding Nav to 2018 Sport