Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding the Hardtop Wiper Fluid & Electrical

Old 10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Adding the Hardtop Wiper Fluid & Electrical

I just purchased a hardtop, put it on and wondering to myself how to go about the hooking up of the fluid / wiper motor / defrost /

Im sure this thread has been started before and i could search for the answer,, i just figured i put it out there first.

Since my JK was never set up for a hardtop im sure its probably a little more involved then im anticipating. If ya live close to va beach and wanna help me out let me know,, ill buy the beer!
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

You will need a a hard top install kit Quadratec quotes $149.99 + shipping.
you may want to check out this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/hardtop-wiring-harness-install-57552/

Good luck
Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Once the kit is installed, you will also need to take your jeep to the dealer to have the computer flashed so that it nows you know have a hardtop. If you don't, depending on your JK's year, some/all of the items will not work.

Quick Reply: Adding the Hardtop Wiper Fluid & Electrical