Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding factory sub to base head unit to 2014 JK

Old 01-04-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Adding factory sub to base head unit to 2014 JK

I have a 2014 JK with the 130 stock head unit. Yeah, I know it's terrible, but it's what I have.

A friend gave me his sub woofer from his JKUR that had the better stereo system (non touch screen). I know I am missing the amplifier, that is still in his unit, but I was thinking there must be a way for me to get this sub working, even if minimally to ad just a little bit of bass. Obviously, since this is mostly a substandard system, I am not interested in spending a lot of money. If I wanted to do that, I would just replace everything.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio I would say is maxed out with every channel running the factory stereo. The only thing you could do is get a PAC module to run a external amplifier and wire the sub in.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to do the same thing ( with a pac LOC ) but didn't know if the soundbar speakers are factory filtered to have no bass like the infinity system did. Cause it would be a lot easier to tap into those than the fronts.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I have a 2014 JK with the 130 stock head unit. Yeah, I know it's terrible, but it's what I have. A friend gave me his sub woofer from his JKUR that had the better stereo system (non touch screen). I know I am missing the amplifier, that is still in his unit, but I was thinking there must be a way for me to get this sub working, even if minimally to ad just a little bit of bass. Obviously, since this is mostly a substandard system, I am not interested in spending a lot of money. If I wanted to do that, I would just replace everything.
you will have to use an aftermarket amp and wiring since it is impossible to retrofit the "premium" amp into a base system.

Quick Reply: Adding factory sub to base head unit to 2014 JK