Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding Amplifier and Marine Speakers

Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Amplifier and Marine Speakers

Let me start by saying, it has been (many, many) years since I have installed an amplifier. So lets all assume I'm an audio newbie.

I received some marine speakers (2 x 8" marine speakers for the roll bar) as an early gift for Christmas. I have ordered an amplifier with a basic wiring kit. I would like to leave the stock speakers alone. I just want to run the amp to push the added marine speakers.

Is this setup feasible?
What do I need to connect the amp to my stock stereo?
What else might I need to make this setup work?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

I've been thinking about doing this for a while because I like the idea. Very do-able as far as the amp install you've got your basic power +/- and remote turn on (tap cigarette lighter in console). As far as signal goes you going to want to look at and LOC adapter. This way you can tap signals going to your current speakers and convert into the Useable RCA cables. Amazon or bestbuy has them all day long, about 20 bucks. Consult crutch fields online wiring diagrams if you still have confusion they make wiring very simple. Good luck and post some pics when you've got it installed!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any idea on where to tap into the front speakers to connect the LOC? I pulled the h/u but the wires going into the harness don't match the wire colors connected directly to the speakers.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXBeachJK
Any idea on where to tap into the front speakers to connect the LOC? I pulled the h/u but the wires going into the harness don't match the wire colors connected directly to the speakers.
Guess I should mention it's a 2013 rubicon with 430n unit.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got it all installed last night. Ended up using eye bolts for easy detachment from the roll bar. Or to easily turn the speaker bar around and have the speakers face the front.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1516586683.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	632919   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-97253978.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	457.2 KB
ID:	632920  

Quick Reply: Adding Amplifier and Marine Speakers