Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ACC Power M7 fuse??

Old 05-21-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I'm not sure if I follow your issue accurately, but I hope this helps.
The M7 fuse is for the rear power outlet, selectable hot all the time or hot only with accessory power.
If your JK did not come with the rear power outlet, there may not be a wire for it in connector C6 under the TIPM, even though there is a fuse in the slot.
Go to this thread to see how to make use of M7 as the factory would do it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-189556/

Go to this thread to see an easier way to make use of M7 and a couple other switched sources: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/
Originally Posted by Rogue26
I just did this exact same mod to my jku. I was fortunate enough to have the power port so I just shifted the fuse. Do you have a power rear view mirror? If so there is an acc power wire in the harness which is what I used to power the new monitor. Since you are already running your RCA to that location it wouldn't take much extra work to get the power from there to.

I am really happy with the camera/monitor set up, I have a fully time camera mounted on my tire carrier and used the second video input for a camera mounted in my bumper that comes on only in reverse. It gives me a great view for backing up to a trailer.

Alright, got home tonight and had chance to pull the fuse box and see if I had a pin installed in the c6 connector for the m7 fuse.

Guess, what... no pin or wire installed in the c6 slot as shown in the pic.

So I did they next thing, I just ran a switched wire from the mirror along with the rca cable to the rear for the camera.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice work!

Quick Reply: ACC Power M7 fuse??