Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ACC Power M7 fuse??

Old 05-21-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I agree it's weird. But if the wire was there then I would not expect a fuse to be in there. That wire in the back has to come from somewhere so there is probably another connector up there somewhere that the middle slot jumps to. Keep me informed if you don't mind since now I'm curious and it could help future searchers who find this thread.
Will definitely, I am going to look next to see if there is actually a pin in the middle slot of m7 connected underneath the fuse box.

Not sure where to look next to be honest for the problem. Other than just running a new wire to the rear from an additional acc source to run the camera.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well if the camera doesn't draw much power you could trace the connector to the front of the tub in the passenger foot well and then cut and tie it in to the stereo switched feed. Would be a little easier than running from the engine compartment to the rear.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well if the camera doesn't draw much power you could trace the connector to the front of the tub in the passenger foot well and then cut and tie it in to the stereo switched feed. Would be a little easier than running from the engine compartment to the rear.
It is a very small camera, I would guess the power consumption to be around 60ma, so very low draw.

Okay, so exactly where is the stereo switch feed, passanger rear footwell or front? What do I need to look for, wire color or connector.

Definitely need to find a good acc source to run my camera at this point.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Well that harness on the right side runs up to the passenger foot well. You should be able to trace it with testers. Most likely the color will not change between the connector and the firewall. This pic is from when I was tracing the reverse wire. It is the harness in the foot well.

I just remembered I tapped my cig lighter/charging port for switched power, not the stereo. It was blue/purple on my '14. The stereo feed was unswitched. Make sure it is the left side charging port and should have a picture of a key on the cover indicating switched, not a battery which indicates unswitched. Sorry about the crappy picture but the autofocus on my point and shoot sometimes requires more attempts than I have patience.

If you do decide to run a wire from the engine compartment to the tub Ron has an excellent write up here using the M7 slot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Theft Deterrent 009 (Large).JPG
Views:	5304
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	647673  

Last edited by 14Sport; 05-21-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, appericate all the help.

Going to take a look at it tonight, all I have left is hooking up a good switched power source.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm not sure if I follow your issue accurately, but I hope this helps.
The M7 fuse is for the rear power outlet, selectable hot all the time or hot only with accessory power.
If your JK did not come with the rear power outlet, there may not be a wire for it in connector C6 under the TIPM, even though there is a fuse in the slot.
Go to this thread to see how to make use of M7 as the factory would do it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-189556/

Go to this thread to see an easier way to make use of M7 and a couple other switched sources: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/
Old 05-21-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Those are the two links I posted, Ron. What we were wondering was where the connector in the rear terminates in the front since there is no pin in the TIPM for it. Any idea?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Those are the two links I posted, Ron. What we were wondering was where the connector in the rear terminates in the front since there is no pin in the TIPM for it. Any idea?
Sorry, I missed that. I read the thread a couple times and still missed it. (It's been a long day.)
Old 05-21-2016, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Sorry, I missed that. I read the thread a couple times and still missed it. (It's been a long day.)
That's because I used the "this" and "here" type links. Those are easy to miss. I totally understand the long days. Have way too many of them myself.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this exact same mod to my jku. I was fortunate enough to have the power port so I just shifted the fuse. Do you have a power rear view mirror? If so there is an acc power wire in the harness which is what I used to power the new monitor. Since you are already running your RCA to that location it wouldn't take much extra work to get the power from there to.

I am really happy with the camera/monitor set up, I have a fully time camera mounted on my tire carrier and used the second video input for a camera mounted in my bumper that comes on only in reverse. It gives me a great view for backing up to a trailer.

Quick Reply: ACC Power M7 fuse??