Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Abs bypass

Old 11-04-2022, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs bypass

I have a 2014 jku rubicon. Right rear wheel speed sensor is dead. Verified abs module is not sending 12v signal. Is it possible to jump the wire (b2 circuit) with a 12v signal to re-gain that wheel speed sensor? Don't feel like spending 950 bucks on a back ordered module
Old 11-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 424 Posts

Sounds like you need someone with WiTech software to try and do what you need. Dealer won't do it due to liability and that is probably the same for an independant repair shop with the software. I remember when I had my TDi Passat 2013 with 6 speed manual. Had that stupid hill lock and dealer would not undo it as they said it was complicated (whatever). Got my hands on VW VagCom, took 2 minutes, found a bit to turn off and bingo no more hill holder. Dealer was afraid of liability. Also we turned on a shitload of other features like rain sensor wipers, when it rained the windows and roof would close on parked car plus a few others. My point here is WiTech reaches much further into the system of Jeeps than any other software. Unfortunately it is around $1800 to buy a single licence.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a mopar tech with access to witech software. I'm just not wanting to screw it even more up by possibly backfeeding 12v into a supply. With how finicky the electrical systems are on these I figured I'd ask around for I kill my daily
Old 11-06-2022, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Throw a 1n4001 diode in series to prevent back feeding to the source.

Quick Reply: Abs bypass