Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

About going for an ALL Kicker audio system 2013 2dr

Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About going for an ALL Kicker audio system 2013 2dr

Hi guys, To those who know about audio systems,I was wondering I just bought two Kicker QS65.2 component systems, and I was wondering what would be the best amplifier to go with and the subwoofer?, If I go for the 12" Solo Baric zl7 with enclosure, I want to eliminate the stock sub enclosure so I can move this towards the right, How can it be done? If not, what is the best sub that fits in the stock enclosure, Also, What KICKER amp should i go for ? a 5 channel or a 4 channel + mono, or TWO 2 channels and 1 mono?.. Just curious, and I'm anal retentive so it all has to be kicker.. :S
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
Hi guys, To those who know about audio systems,I was wondering I just bought two Kicker QS65.2 component systems, and I was wondering what would be the best amplifier to go with and the subwoofer?, If I go for the 12" Solo Baric zl7 with enclosure, I want to eliminate the stock sub enclosure so I can move this towards the right, How can it be done? If not, what is the best sub that fits in the stock enclosure, Also, What KICKER amp should i go for ? a 5 channel or a 4 channel + mono, or TWO 2 channels and 1 mono?.. Just curious, and I'm anal retentive so it all has to be kicker.. :S
I would be interested in this too. I have been loving my QS's so far but they definitely need a subwoofer to compliment. Weighing my options for a long time.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will ask someone smarter than me at work tomorrow and get back with you guys.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a full kicker system with a Rockford fosgate amp and it sounds amazing.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

My biggest problem is I have no idea what kind of amplifier setup to go with:

Setup 1:

(2X) 2 Channel Kicker amplifiers

1 mono kicker amplifier

Setup 2:

4 channel kicker amplifier

1 mono amplifier

setup 3:

5 channel amplifier.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
If your going to add an aftermarket mono amp and driver, your going to be installing new wires to the driver. So, you can install the speaker where ever you want.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey if you want to get rid of the sub enclosure I'll be willing to take it off hands for a reasonable price. I cracked the hell out of mine and looking for a replacement
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKOPSUNLTD
Hey if you want to get rid of the sub enclosure I'll be willing to take it off hands for a reasonable price. I cracked the hell out of mine and looking for a replacement
I don't know if/how if I remove it if there will be an ugly empty space, I know its not good for the solo baric sub I'm gonna get, but I'm going to place the new enclosure there, and also Can someone tell me what kind of amp setup I should go for, I'm keeping stock head unit but I want to get the best sound I can out of these speakers and sub I'm getting, I want to use them to their max capacity with highest quality i can get out of them, So yeah.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

my buddy works at a car stero shop, told me that kicker just came out with all plug and play set up for the new JK's. comes with specific installation locations and wires. kit includes amp(5ch) solobaric sub with enclosure. all wires are plug and play using factory connectors.

Mopar Systems | KICKER
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Go with a 4 channel amp for the highs and a mono for the sub. The kicker replacement amp will not have enough power to push that sub.

Quick Reply: About going for an ALL Kicker audio system 2013 2dr